A delightful accompaniment to roasted or grilled meats, or on its own with crusty bread. Super flavour and obviously great for vegetarians. Serve with my black garlic roast chicken, it is truly superb.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes – 1 hour
- Heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter or oil.
- Place the celery stalks into the dish and pour over the cider and Verjuice, mix around so that the liquid is evenly dispersed. Try not to make the layer of celery too deep, as it will cook unevenly.
- Place a piece of greased baking paper over the celery and put in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes until soft, but still with some bite. (You can also cover with foil).
- Whilst the celery is cooking, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley, and stir in the olive oil.
- Remove the celery from the oven and sprinkle over the breadcrumb mix. Leave to bake, uncovered for approximately 15 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown.
Tip: Grate a little extra parmesan and sprinkle over just before serving.