Sweet Chili Hamburgers – The Perfect New Year’s Day Lunch
This Hamburger really is the perfect dish for a quick and simple New Years day lunch, especially when the last thing you want to do is spend hours in the kitchen. The burger has an enticing smoky sweetness mixed with the warming of the chili, cook your burgers until just pink for the best results.
• 7oz/200g minced beef
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 slice white bread, crusts removed and remainder broken into small pieces
• 1 tbsp evaporated milk
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• Pinch cayenne pepper
• 1 tbsp smoky barbeque sauce
• 1 clove garlic, crushed or very finely sliced
• 1⁄2 tsp dried chili flakes
TO BUILD YOUR BURGER:
• 2 burger buns
• 1 tomato, slice
• 2 dill pickles /gherkins, sliced
• 2 lettuce leaves
• 2 slices cheddar cheese
• 1 onion, peeled and sliced • Mustard
• Tomato Sauce / Ketchup
1. Preheat grill or frying pan on high.
2. Soak bread in egg until moist.
3. In a large bowl, mix the moist bread with the ground beef, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, barbeque sauce, chili flakes and garlic using your hands.
4. Form the mixture into patties.
5. Lightly oil the grill. Grill patties until done to your taste, turning once to ensure even cooking.
6. Top patties with cheese and allow to melt for 1-2 minutes.
7. Whilst cheese is melting, place sliced buns on a hot grill until lightly browned.
8. Spread base with tomato sauce / ketchup.
9. Place burger on bun base.
10. Add sliced onion, dill pickle / gherkin, tomato & lettuce.
11. Spread top of bun with mustard, place on top of burger and serve.
Find more great recipes at https://www.adampittaway.co.uk/recipes/