A sweet slice with a wonderful floral sent and a gooey centre.
- Pre-heat oven to 170 °C
- Grease baking tray using a small amount of butter.
- Sift 2 cups of flour with 1 cup of icing sugar.
- Add melted butter and mix with hands until you get an even texture.
- Transfer to baking tray and pat out to even thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove biscuit base from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 150 °C
- Place caster sugar and verjuice in a heavy base saucepan.
- Stir on a low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Allow verjuice sugar mixture to cool.
- Whisk together eggs.
- Slowly whisk verjuice mixture into eggs using a slow trickle.
- Sift 1/3 cup flour into mixture and t stir well.
- Pour over biscuit base and bake until just set*, about 40 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool and cut into even slices.
- Dust with icing sugar.
* make sure when baking that the slice is only just set so you get a wonderful gooey texture.